It’s hard for many of us to imagine, but not being able to afford enough diapers can be a real barrier to working families who have limited childcare options. The #DiaperAct asks for NO additional federal funds, but would make a practical difference in the lives of many working families.
Help us send a clear message to members of Congress that the #DiaperAct is real change from the bottom up! This week we are asking friends to help us reach 25K petition signatures. Thank you for join us!
Just the Facts, Ma’am:
- The DIAPER Act asks for NO additional federal funding
- Lack of diapers can result in (1) major health consequences and (2) a barrier to employment
- If Congress enacts the DIAPER ACT, eligible child care centers would have the flexibility and choice to provide diapers (disposable or cloth) to their neediest clients.
Here is just one example of why we need this legislation passed.
Join Diaper Action Week:
– Sign our online petition, if you have not already
– POST on your blog during the week of November 14-18
– USE the tools we have on our site, including the petition widget, talking points, and helpful information
– URGE your readers to click the widget and sign the petition
– LINK up to the hub post below
TWEET or post on FACEBOOK during Diaper Action Week to call attention to our campaign, using #DiaperAct. Mobile users: click here for our mobile friendly petition.