Thank you to all of our Give Cheeks a Chance! supporters. Because of YOU, we collected over 35,000 diapers/pull ups for homeless and low income Bay Area babies. Prior to Give Cheeks a Chance! our diaper count was 25,680. It is now 61,222!
Big thank you to Sarah Gibbs, our San Jose Chapter Manager, for all that she did behind the scenes to make this effort a success in the South Bay. Sarah especially kept busy connecting with goodie bag sponsors as well as shuttling diapers all around the South Bay. She is amazing. You should all buy her a drink.
Special shout outs to the following contributors, supporters, and mini drive hosts who made a difference in this effort:
Steve Walker & Holt Hinshaw
Karen Poznansky & Baby Buzz
Sue Older, Leah Ackerman-Hurst & SadieDeys Cafe staff
Shelby Shankland & Natural Resources
Dana Lardner & Whimsical Walney
M. Felicity Chapman & Cubes and Crayons
Employees at Cisco Systems
Whitney Moss & RookieMoms.com
Here is some of what we collectively accomplished since late August:
- All 22 babies staying at San Jose Family Shelter are diapered by HAMO.
- SHCS case workers bring HAMO diapers to the neediest families (our diapers go directly to the case workers diaper closet!).
- HPP and WDDC are able to supply emergency diapers to their homeless and low income clients. This especially helps at the end of the month when money is tight, as well as for families who have multiple children in diapers and/or who are currently living in homeless shelters.
- Due to a large donation of “big kid” diapers, a WDDC client will have about two weeks supply of diapers for her child with special needs.
- Due to the successful kick off event in the South Bay, we were able to make a one time diaper donation to Next Door Solutions.
- APA Family Support Services distributed diapers to their families for the FIRST TIME EVER this past month.
- Support Network for Battered Women will not have to send their clients across town by bus to get emergency diapers.
- All 23 babies currently staying at Asian Women’s Home are all diapered by HAMO. Additionally, non-residential clients may also benefit from our diapers.
Thank you so much for taking direct action and making a difference. We could not have accomplished anything without the grassroots support in San Francisco, Santa Clara, Alameda, and Contra Costa counties.
If we build, will they come?
We could really use your help in getting the word out about Shelter Network of San Mateo county (click for wishlist), Children’s Network of Solano county (click for wishlist), and St. John’s Shelter in Sacramento county (click here for wishlist). If you know any local moms and families who would like to make a difference in these communities, please tell them about us and how easy it is to contribute via our Virtual Diaper Drive.
Contact us anytime of the year: info (at) helpamotherout (dotorg) to host a diaper drive for any of our partners. Here is our diaper drive toolkit to help you get started.
Remember: Be sure to add our gift card offer to your holiday wishlist this year! Check back soon for details.